Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all activities are conducted and managed in accordance with agreed site HSSE practices and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to operations for the process area under responsibility, with the main objective of maximizing profitability and minimize process safety risks.
- Provide long term monitoring of process units under responsibility with the to identify opportunities, production and process safety threats and develop ideas for improvement.
- Provide accurate basic data to LP model and simulation tools and act as custodian of the data.
- Take responsibility for the technical safety and integrity of the processing units under responsibility. This includes development, review and update of plant operating windows, alarm settings, and process safety basic information.
- Act as focal point with designated technical service providers for processing units under responsibility.
- Act as the primary source of technical information on the plant design and operation and process safety.
- Provide support to turnarounds during turnaround preparation, execution and shutdown / start-up phases.
- Carry out troubleshooting and lead or support investigations into upsets, product quality deviations, abnormal operations and process safety incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree (or equivalent) in chemical, process, or mechanical engineering
- Preferably 5-8 years of experience in refining or equivalent
- Knowledge in key refining processes (e.g. distillation, hydrotreating, reforming, thermal cracking…)
- Understanding of process safety and process control
- Ideally knowledge of process simulation tool (Pro II, Hysys, PetroSim, etc…)
Ability to bring our corporate values alive
- Say what you do and …. do what you said!
- Build respectful collaboration and have fun
- Support & challenge each other
- Create entrepreneurial teams with a “Can do” attitude
Deadline for applying: April 12th 2017