Our office in Hamburg is looking for an IT Specialist Terminals (Business Analyst).
This position provides the opportunity to develop as part of a young and international team, as well as acquisition of broad knowledge about the refining and oil trading business.
- Problem-solving of IT issues in the area of workplace infrastructure and standard applications(OS, Office) in direct contact with users at different VARO locations.
- Operation and problem solving of business applications including monitoring of jobs and interfaces.
- User support for business applications in close cooperation with the other IT teams of VARO.
- Participation in IT application projects.
- Setup of new users and change of existing users in business applications.
- Experience with SQL will be a plus.
- Experience with VBA programming will be a plus.
Tank Terminal responsibilities:
- Problem solving of IT issues in the terminal environment (TAS systems, Wincc/ SCADA, Flow Computers and metering systems, Tank Gauge) in direct contact with the terminal employees at different VARO locations.
- Associate with a minimum working experience of 4 years in IT.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Windows 7, Office, Server 2008.
- Ability and willingness to learn about new technologies and extend the knowhow to different fields.
- Proactive and customer focused “make it work” mentality.
- Flexibility on adapting work hours to ongoing tasks.
- Willingness to perform 24 hours on-call-support in a rotational model.
- (International) travel required.
- Can work independent and is well organized and disciplined.
- Takes ‘ownership’ and is comfortable in an environment under pressure.
- Good German and English language skills (verbal & writing).
- Good analytical and technical skills as well as a good perception of user needs and business and system processes.
- Experience in operating, supporting, maintaining, implementing and extending business applications and IT infrastructure.
In case you are interested in this vacancy please provide us with your application documents via e-mail: email@example.com